Clinical Assistant Nurse Manager- Full Time- Behavioral Health- South Seminole HospitalJob ID 143873 Date posted 02/13/2018 Facility OH South Seminole Hospital
Responsible for the day to day operations within the clinical setting to ensure delivery of quality service and optimal patient flow.
- Manages staffing for assigned and oncoming shifts, based on patient acuity to insure patient care needs are met and budgetary boundaries are observed.
- Coordinates patient flow by working directly with the Administrative Supervisor office, Case Management, Discharge Planners etc.
- Monitors overall status of patients within area of responsibility and closely monitors status of seriously ill patients.
- Assists with the clinical evaluation of team members, completes written clinical performance evaluations and conducts timely team member assessments.
- Ensures compliance with certifications, licenses and required education for team members.
- Assists in the coordination and participates in the delivery of patient care ensuring compliance with physician orders and established policies, procedures and standards of practice.
- Ensures incident reports are completed appropriately and follows up with incident reports as needed.
- Participates in multidisciplinary rounds.
- Performs direct patient care activities as required to meet operational needs.
- Interfaces with patients and families to provide instruction, promote participation in patient care and to coordinate nursing activities.
- Plans and evaluates compliance with organizational, regulatory policies and procedures.
- Ensures evidenced based, quality clinical nursing practice consistent with nursing research, organizational and national practice standards are being performed by staff (i.e., Core Measures and HAC prevention).
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively in verbal and written communication to team members and groups.
- Participates and/or leads in staff meetings and staff huddles.
- Embraces, communicates and promotes change.
- Utilizes effective fiscal management skills with financial resources.
- Monitors the use/maintenance of equipment to insure staff have the needed equipment for patient care and they are able to appropriately utilize equipment.
- Contributes to the strategic and financial planning of the unit/department.
- Cultivates exemplary customer service throughout the unit/department by conducting customer service rounds and investigating and responding to patient/family and physician complaints.
- Maintains a regulatory ready environment of care.
- Facilitates and supports team member involvement in professional and organizational activities as well as unit and hospital based committees.
- Demonstrates professional accountability by maintaining proficiency in assigned role and involvement in professional organizations.
- Identifies issues arising from individual differences and develops awareness of those issues in nursing staff, medical staff and other health care providers.
- Advocates on behalf of the nursing staff to represent the concerns of patients, families and staff.
- Holds self and others accountable to Orlando Health’s mission, vision and values.
- Manages various human resources functions including hiring, work assignments, coaching plans, and performance counseling.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Knowledge of risk management concepts
- Participates in Process Improvement activities as assigned
- Interprets the appropriate information need to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age specific needs and to provide nursing care needed as described in the unit/department’s policies and procedures
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing with a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing degree.
- Maintains current professional license as a registered nurse in the State of Florida.
- Maintains current BLS; as determined by specialty area ACLS, PALS, NALS, or TNCC.
- Two (2) years of experience as a registered nurse in the acute care setting.
Nursing Careers at Orlando Health
If you’re ready for a higher level of care, take your nursing skills to the Orlando Health system. Here, you’ll build on our 100-year history of care while building an exceptional career of your own.