Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) - Orlando HealthJob ID 145371 Date posted 04/14/2018 Facility Executive Management
Orlando Health is a $3.8 Billion not-for-profit healthcare organization with more than 3,300 beds serving Central Florida and beyond. Consisting of nine wholly-owned or affiliated hospitals and rehabilitation centers, Orlando Health has the area’s only Level One Trauma Centers for adults and pediatrics, and is a statutory teaching hospital system that offers both specialty and community hospitals.
Orlando Health is seeking to hire a Chief Nursing Officer, OHMG. The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) reports to the President of Orlando Health Medical Group and partners with Orlando Health Vice President of Nursing. CNO is accountable for the overall clinical outcomes, operations, and personnel performance for all ambulatory areas. The CNO defines clinical nursing practice and holds team members accountable to adhering to regulatory, clinical, and quality, safety and service standards. The CNO will provide direction for establishing and implementing short and long-range organizational goals, inter-professional objectives, strategic plans, policies and operating procedures in addition to developing the care delivery model at OHMG. He/she advices senior management on best practices in nursing and patient care, works with healthcare leaders to establish compensation and benefit programs.
We are undergoing tremendous growth, this excellent opportunity provides a very competitive salary and benefits package. The Orlando area offers world class recreation, safe neighborhoods, beaches and unlimited professional growth potential.
- Establishes standards of patient care based on evidenced based practices. Establishes services standards and implements strategies to meet or exceed patient, family and physician expectations.
- In cooperation with physicians and other appropriate individuals, develops and continually refines structures, functions, policies and procedures, as well as channels of communications, which meet quality of clinical care needs for the patients and families, and of individuals providing care to patients.
- Develops and implements effective and accurate clinical staffing models and departmental budgets to achieve financial goals while coordinating resources to improve operational efficiency in a safe manner and in accordance with OHMG objectives.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the principle drivers of revenue, reimbursement, expenses and margins when making decisions.
- Plans and implements with physicians a progressive and responsive care delivery system which facilitates meeting the unique multi-disciplinary care needs of each patient; is customer focused; and consistent with the mission, goals and objectives of OHMG.
- Creates and continually supports an environment which empowers and expects all team members to participate in decisions that influence the establishment and attainment of practice, department, and service line objectives. Including the plans and negotiated care needs for patients while accepting the responsibility for patient satisfaction, outcomes and their own growth and professional competencies.
- Through successful management of resources, assures that orientation, education, certification, communication and retention needs of APPs and clinical team members are met. Defines performance and outcome objectives for clinical team members while developing and creating growth for their careers.
- Designs, implements, and measures quality initiatives that reflect processes of care such as access, timeliness and appropriateness of care.
- Supports and models an open, honest, positive, collaborative and collegial learning environment. Educates and holds managers accountable for the effective and appropriate utilization of resources. Creates a positive and collaborative learning environment.
- Participates in the process of developing a challenging and realistic vision; ensures that the vision reflects institutional and individual values and ideals. Uses management techniques that appeal to reason, values, or emotions to generate enthusiasm for work, commitment to task objectives, and compliance with requests. Encourages cooperation, teamwork, and identification with the organization.
- Leads the magnet journey.
Other Related Functions
- Serves on OHI’s committees or community boards as required
- Strong leadership demonstrated through proactive and facilitative leadership style.
- Highly visible with an open door policy.
- Preforms other duties as required or assigned by the President
- A Bachelor's in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing.
- Master's Degree in Nursing and/or Masters in business or related field.
- Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Florida.
- Certification required in Nursing Administration
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive management/administrative experience with a minimum of 5 years of management experience at the senior level, preferably in an ambulatory setting.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop individuals.
Nursing Careers at Orlando Health
If you’re ready for a higher level of care, take your nursing skills to the Orlando Health system. Here, you’ll build on our 100-year history of care while building an exceptional career of your own.