Part- time Ancillary Sch/Reg/Pat Chrg Spc for Orlando Health Rehab Institute (Dr. Phillips location)Job ID 143832 Date posted 02/13/2018 Facility OH Dr. P. Phillips Hospital
This position provides scheduling, registration and patient charge services to ancillary departments.
Effective pre-registration, registration and scheduling of multiple patient appointments.
• Manages the multiple additions and cancellations of patient appointments.
• Efficiently and accurately gathers and inputs patient/guarantor demographic and financial information in appropriate hospital systems
• Contacts appropriate payers/provider offices, verifying benefits and obtaining/documenting necessary authorizations.
• Consistently and constantly reviews the schedules daily and communicates all changes to appropriate staff.
• Responsible for entry of patient charges.
• Acts as a liaison between the provider and patient to explain insurance benefits, co-pays, deductibles, and self pay portions.
• Accurately communicates all procedure pertinent information including arrival time, location, and duration to the patient.
• Performs check in and check out of patients.
• Acts as a liaison to the clinical staff.
• Acts as a liaison to the clinical and business staff to ensure effective and efficient patient management including the transfer of patients from both outside and sister facilities.
• Acts as a resource for training or mentoring of new team members.
• Maintains flexibility in work schedule availability that allows department to change/modify work schedule to meet departmental needs and on call responsibilities.
• Attends and participates in department staff meetings and attends other meetings as assigned.
• Represents and participates in department, facility, Patient Financial Services and corporate committees as requested by supervisor/department manager.
• Responsible for reviewing and adhering to all corporate departmental and education initiatives.
• Assists his/her supervisor/manager in planning and organizing department activities.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Must be able to demonstrate reading, verbal and written communication, mathematical, and reasoning skills typically acquired through completion of a high school education.
Two (2) years’ experience in financial, business office, or customer service environment required. Computer knowledge necessary.
Nursing Careers at Orlando Health
If you’re ready for a higher level of care, take your nursing skills to the Orlando Health system. Here, you’ll build on our 100-year history of care while building an exceptional career of your own.